Why we need to markdown content?
It is easy and convenient to use
By using Markdown everybody can easily learn to create blog posts.
It is better to manage
Markdown blogs are easier to manage than any other kind of blogging technique, which makes the IT department happy ;-).
It is SEO optimized
Markdown blogs are SEO optimized, hence it is easier for Google to analyse your website which will ideally result in a better search rank.
1. Install Sublime Text
Download sublime from the following link: Sublime 2
Install sublime on your hard drive
Install license code
On a Mac this should be pasted into the enter license section in the help tab.
Get sublime package control code and enter it into the console Package Control Download
Now you are ready to go
2. Create a folder structure
- First create a folder for the website you are writing content about. Examples are:
- Create sub-folders for the respective kind of post. Examples are:
- Insurers OR Banks
- Create sub-folders for multi-languages. Examples are: en th
3. Correct file naming
- Correct file naming includes the date when the blog was "kramdowned" as well as the title of the post. The file needs to have the ending .md Example: Today is 2nd of July 2013 and my article is about markdown. Hence the correct file naming would be the following: 2013-07-02-markdown.md
4. Must read
TOP 5 SEO Techniques
Let's say we want to create an english FAQ post for our venture AskHanuman. The post is about how our service works. Today is the 3rd of July 2013. So how to get started?
5.1 Create folder structure
Askhanuman –> FAQ –> en
5.2 Create markdown file and save it in the respective folder
5.3 Create middleman headline
--- country : th lang : en category : insurance product : car insurance subcategory : faq sticky : true title : How our service works tags : [Ask Hanuman, car insurance, service] published : true description : How our service works keywords : [Ask Hanuman, car insurance, service] author : Andre ---
5.4 Start writing content
##### How our service works - first the customer comes to the homepage - he chooses a car and coverage - we prove him the policy - done
5.5 Save your markdown article
5.6 Track articles you transformed into markdown
Use google sheet named "Markdown transformation" to track the progress. It is important not to loose any content we have created